Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy First Monthday, Soren!


You are one month old today, baby!  Here are some things I love about you already.

I love the way you talk to me instead of crying in the wee hours of the morning when you're hungry.

I love your many dramatic expressions, crossing your eyes, lifting your eyebrows so your forehead wrinkles, or opening your eyes super wide in amazement.  I love the way you move your mouth, like you're licking a popsicle, or impersonating a frog.

I love the way you only want to cuddle all the time (but my sewing machine is jealous).  I love the way you'll cry until I pick you up and soak in contentment.  It hurts so much to leave you alone during naptime.

I love the way you stare into your daddy's face while he's holding you, and the way you have already learned not to cry when I change you or bathe you (until I take you out of the water, you're not so into the cold).

I especially love how strong you are already! You're lifting your head up and holding it steady.  Your little legs have a powerful kick and your little hands are like tiny vices.  When you hold my fingers and I pull up, you can support almost half of your body weight.

I love your tiny, long thin fingers and the way they are always moving, bending, reaching, grabbing and touching.  I love when you lock them together as if in prayer, and the way you thrust them into the air in your sleep.

Most of all, I love that I get to keep watching you grow and learn and share with you all the wonder of the world that God made for you to grow up in.

Happy first monthday, Soren!

3 comments:

  1. awe, what a sweet post. soren is getting so big :) did we set a day to get together yet? i feel like we did - but now I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, what an absolutely, amazing post. I can only imagine what Soren's thought are about his mommy at this time...perhaps something like this...

    1) I love the way you look at me and talk to me, instead of being frustrated or upset when I wake you up so early in the morning.
    2) I love the way you tenderly pick me up and look at me with eyes that shine so brightly with this love of Jesus for me. I can't wait to learn more about this Saviour and friend from you.
    3) I love the way you already encourage me to be the very best Soren, that God created me to be.
    4) I love the way your love for me honors and glorifies our Lord.

    Love you Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWWWW that is so crazy sweet. your post and Karen's comment too! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete